- Every building has received a new Weather Alert Radio recommended by the Department of Homeland Security for Emergency Preparedness.
- A corporate trained security expert approved and complimented our safety procedures after walking through a school and discussing our safety plans.
- Eagle Elementary was randomly chosen by the Department of Education to be audited for school security and safety practices (see attachment below).
- All ZCS buildings have been tested for radon. The maximum radon concentration within each school is well below the EPA’s recommended action level of 4.0 pCi/L.
- A $10,000 grant was awarded from the Indiana Department of Education to install security cameras at ZMS.
- ZCS collaborated with Deputy Ron Mahoy, Boone County Sheriff’s Office/K-9 Unit, to use a school building for training exercise.
Additional practices, personnel, and supports to ensure school safety include items not shown on this page because of confidential collaborations, plans, capabilities, and ongoing monitoring that involve local law enforcement and lead school staff. The Board of School Trustees is active in frequent discussion about school safety. This is preparedness that is never done and always of the utmost importance.