1:1 (BYOD & Laptop Rental Program)
2022-2023 School Year Details
Grades 6-8 & High School students have a choice of either BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) or renting a school-owned laptop (at $132.50 per year which includes the case).
- 2022-23 BYOD Requirements
- Applications/Software for BYOD laptops
- Lenovo 500w Laptop Repair Fees (New!)
- Lenovo 11e Laptop Repair Fees
- Rental Laptop School Device Coverage
- The parents' portal to enroll is open until the first week of October. For students enrolling in school after the portal has closed, and are interested in purchasing insurance, they will need to contact School Device Coverage directly by phone.
- Grades 6-8 & High School students rental laptop/case cost for 2022-23 is $132.50. 5th Grade laptop laptop/case cost will be $135.00.
- 1:1 Device Information (Form signed at registration)
Due to the value of the equipment, parental acknowledgement of responsibility for rental equipment is required. If the equipment should be lost or damaged while checked out to your child, you will be responsible for the full cost of replacement parts, repairs or the replacement value of the machine if it’s a complete loss. Devices loaned out to students with a BYOD device must remain on school grounds at all times. They are not available for home use. Loaned ZCS devices are available for two weeks (10 school days) while a BYOD device is being repaired. After two weeks, the student will be charged rental for the ZCS device.
Please be advised that while in possession of this equipment whether in or out of school, students will
- bring the equipment to school with you each school day
- be bound by the Internet Acceptable Use policy at all times and locations
- have no expectation of privacy for any documents or information generated through use of the equipment and the machine may be inspected by the technology department at any time
- pay for the cost of replacement parts, repairs or the replacement value of the machine for any loss due to theft or destruction of the device
- keep the equipment in a secure place at all times
- not leave the equipment in a car for extended periods of time or overnight (temperature, elements, and theft risks) and
- not tamper with or otherwise interfere with any software or equipment settings
- This equipment is filtered through the ZCS school Wi-Fi network as required by law. Filtration of the internet wh not on the school network is the responsibility of the borrower.
Filters & Firewalls
Zionsville Community Schools is required by law to use a filter on our internet. Installing an additional filter on a BYOD laptop can cause issues for the student while they are using their laptop at school.
High School and Middle School students will have a case with their laptop. Students are required to keep their laptop in their cases at all times.