BRING YOUR OWN DEVICES
- Device with keyboard
- 8 GB of RAM recommended (4 GB minimum)
- 120GB SSD or 128GB HDD minimum
- Not a preferred device: IPad, Tablet, Chromebook
- Operating System:
- Windows 10, 8.1, and no Windows 10S.
- Mac 10.13 High Sierra or later
- Chrome OS 78 (Chromebooks not supported with Project Lead the Way applications)
- Linux OS not recommended
- Safari 12 (minimum)
- Chrome 78 (minimum)
- Firefox 71 (minimum)
Other Items to Consider in finding the right device...
- A protective case is highly recommended.
- Laptop weight and size (carried all day to classes)
- Is there a warranty if the device is damaged? Is it covered under homeowner's insurance?
- Antivirus needed? At no cost, students can download the Avast https://www.avast.com/en-us/index) or AVG https://www.avg.com.
- A list of required and suggested applications is available here. This includes information on how to access free downloads of Office 2016.
- If a problem occurs with the device at home or at school, a loaner from ZCS is available.
Although ZCS does not recommend a brand of laptop, if you have a questions about a device you are considering, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting your BYOD Device Ready for our Network
- click here for the wifi registration information (must be completed on device at school)
Rental Laptop Cost & Specifications
(Lenovo Thinkpad 11e)
- $132.50 includes laptop & case
- Support provided by Tech Staff
- Hard Drive: 128 GB SSD
- RAM: 8 GB
- Processor: Intel Pentium Silver N5000
- Case: Clamshell Case