2019-20 BYOD System Requirements
- Device with keyboard
- 8 GB of RAM recommended (4 GB minimum)
- 120GB SSD or 128GB HDD minimum
- Not a preferred device: IPad or tablet
- Operating System:
- Windows 10, 8 or 8.1, no RT or Windows 10S. Support for Windows 7 will come to an end January 14, 2020.
- Mac 10.12 or later
- Chrome OS 72 (Chromebooks not supported with Project Lead the Way applications)
- Linux OS not recommended
- Safari 12 (minimum)
- Chrome 71 (minimum)
- Firefox 65 (minimum)
Other Items to Consider
- A protective case is highly recommended.
- Laptop weight and size (carried all day to classes)
- Is there a warranty if the device is damaged? Is it covered under homeowner's insurance?
- Antivirus needed? At no cost, students can download the Avast https://www.avast.com/en-us/index) or AVG https://www.avg.com.
- A list of required and suggested applications is available here. This includes information on how to access free downloads of Office 2016.
- If a problem occurs with the device at home or at school, a loaner from ZCS is available.
Although ZCS does not recommend a brand of laptop, if you have a questions about a device you are considering, please email us at email@example.com.
School Year 2020-21
Chromebooks will no longer work on our network; 2019-20 is the last year that Chromebooks can be used for BYOD. An individually owned Chromebook that ZCS doesn't have management rights for will not work with our planned network security upgrades.
Rental Laptop Cost & Specifications
(Lenovo Thinkpad 11e)